Coral Protocols Online
Coral Protocols Online (CPO) is the latest addition to the CDHC website (in beta
testing). CPO is an online coral community resource intended to be a living document
that provides up-to-date protocols, laboratory methods and techniques to support
scientific research in coral health-related topics.
We invite contributions from YOU to expand this online community
resource. Submissions will undergo review prior to inclusion in the collection.
Download a template to organize your protocol. Once you
have prepared your protocol it may be submitted to the CDHC at CDHC.Coral@noaa.gov
by entering New Protocol in the subject line and attaching the protocol in Word
and pdf formats.
- A protocol is a precise and detailed experimental plan.
- A method is a procedure of regular, systematic and orderly arranged steps to accomplish
- A technique is a particular practical method to accomplish a task requiring skill
and knowledge derived from practice and familiarity, leading to proficiency and
skillfulness in a particular procedure.
- Provides procedures that have been tested and that work in coral
- Organized in a standard format of step-by-step procedures
- Includes required materials, equipment, and their sources
- Includes figures, graphs and/or tables illustrating typical results
- Provides intended application for the protocol to aid in proper selection for addressing
a given problem
Includes caveats, warnings, and notes to help in troubleshooting